Me and the boy were lucky enough to go to the European premiere of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World on Wednesday. My 140 character review, posted just an hour after the film ended, was as you can see to the right.
It’s now Friday, and I’m tearing my hair out to get hold of a preview of the aforementioned soundtrack. The music bloggers are having a fit, I’m already changing my *laminated* ‘top five albums of all time’ list and Spinner seems to be rickrolling people by directing them to Brian Wilson’s new LP.
I liked the film, it was fun, but you all know where my heart lies. I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a soundtrack since Empire Records, which was FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, and I was too young to understand what they were singing about anyway. Though it did introduce me to one of my favourite songs, which I listen to religiously every morning at 10am. But I digress.
I’ve managed to cobble together the ENTIRE playlist by linking to Hype Machine and Youtube. It’s not perfect, but if you sign up for a profile and ‘like’ the tracks on Hype, that’s the best you’ll get till August 23rd.
01) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): â€œWe Are SEX BOB-OMBâ€
02) Plumtree: â€œScott Pilgrimâ€
03) Frank Black: â€œI Heard Ramona Singâ€
04) Beachwood Sparks: â€œBy Your Sideâ€
05) Black Lips: â€œO Katrina!â€
06) Crash and the Boys (Broken Social Scene): â€œIâ€™m So Sad, So Very, Very Sadâ€
07) Crash and the Boys (Broken Social Scene): â€œWe Hate You Please Dieâ€
08) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): â€œGarbage Truckâ€
09) T. Rex: â€œTeenage Dreamâ€
10) The Bluetones: â€œSleazy Bed Trackâ€
11) Blood Red Shoes: â€œItâ€™s Getting Boring by the Seaâ€
12) Metric: â€œBlack Sheepâ€
13) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): â€œThresholdâ€
14) Broken Social Scene – “Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl”
15) The Rolling Stones: â€œUnder My Thumbâ€
16) Beck: â€œRamona (Acoustic)â€
17) Beck: â€œRamonaâ€
18) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): â€œSummertimeâ€
19) Brian LeBarton: â€œThreshold 8 Bitâ€