Me and the boy were lucky enough to go to the European premiere of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World on Wednesday. My 140 character review, posted just an hour after the film ended, was as you can see to the right.
It’s now Friday, and I’m tearing my hair out to get hold of a preview of the aforementioned soundtrack. The music bloggers are having a fit, I’m already changing my *laminated* ‘top five albums of all time’ list and Spinner seems to be rickrolling people by directing them to Brian Wilson’s new LP.
I liked the film, it was fun, but you all know where my heart lies. I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a soundtrack since Empire Records, which was FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, and I was too young to understand what they were singing about anyway. Though it did introduce me to one of my favourite songs, which I listen to religiously every morning at 10am. But I digress.
I’ve managed to cobble together the ENTIRE playlist by linking to Hype Machine and Youtube. It’s not perfect, but if you sign up for a profile and ‘like’ the tracks on Hype, that’s the best you’ll get till August 23rd.
01) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): “We Are SEX BOB-OMB”
02) Plumtree: “Scott Pilgrim”
03) Frank Black: “I Heard Ramona Sing”
04) Beachwood Sparks: “By Your Side”
05) Black Lips: “O Katrina!”
06) Crash and the Boys (Broken Social Scene): “I’m So Sad, So Very, Very Sad”
07) Crash and the Boys (Broken Social Scene): “We Hate You Please Die”
08) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): “Garbage Truck”
09) T. Rex: “Teenage Dream”
10) The Bluetones: “Sleazy Bed Track”
11) Blood Red Shoes: “It’s Getting Boring by the Sea”
12) Metric: “Black Sheep”
13) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): “Threshold”
14) Broken Social Scene – “Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl”
15) The Rolling Stones: “Under My Thumb”
16) Beck: “Ramona (Acoustic)”
17) Beck: “Ramona”
18) SEX BOB-OMB (Beck): “Summertime”
19) Brian LeBarton: “Threshold 8 Bit”